Monday, October 06, 2008

Spiritually stuffed!

It's a wonderful sensation. I didn't just feast on the word...I pigged out! This weekend was the 178th General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I've enjoyed attending Gen Conference every year since I've been an adult, but I can say that I appreciate it more ever since my mission. I look forward to it every 6 months. The talks are always wonderful, but it seems to me that this Gen Conference all of the talks were incredible! It seemed like almost every one was just for me. I can't even find the appropriate words to express how fantastic I feel after partaking in the word. I was able to watch 3 out of the 4 sessions in Spanish. It was awesome! I felt the Spirit so strong so often this weekend that all I did was tear up at almost every talk. The Prophet's talk on Changes really touched me. It was exactly what I needed to hear to reaffirm to me that I'd made the right decision in going to Grad School and leaving my current job behind. It also reaffirmed to me that I need to go to Chile as soon as I can! So, after I get my alternate certification to teach ESL I am taking a month long holiday and going to Chile. I will use that time to see my friends, look for a job and finally meet Great Guy! I feel at peace with my decision.

He and I were able to chat for a little last week and he told me that he had bad news. The bad news is that he can't come here this year. It's financially impossible. He told me he was really disappointed and sad that he can't. I told him I am, too, but it will all work out in the end.

Well, he emailed me last night and told me that the main reason he was coming here was to meet me and he was really excited about it, but now he'll have to resign himself to seeing me only on a web cam for now. :o) We also chatted a little last night and he called me "Jencita." Awww...so cute! For those who don't understand why that's cute...when any latino puts a "ita/ito" at the end of your name it makes it a term of endearment. It means they hold you as someone dear to them. So, yep, things are definitely looking good in that department. Also, he told me that anytime he gets online he can't resist not talking to me...even when he knows he has TONS of studying to do. That makes me feel really good. So, yes, I am happy.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so happy you're happy.