Tuesday, October 06, 2009

It's been awhile...

Not much has happened in the course of a month. Work continues to be work.

This weekend, I was able to bask in the wonderfulness that is General Conference. We got some exciting news! There will be a temple built in Concepcion Chile!!!! I am so ecstatic! You can bet your bottom dollar I am going to be there! That is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am NOT going to miss out.

So, I've sort of met someone this weekend at a birthday bash for G Girl. He's a really nice guy and we hit it off immediately after a rather embarrassing introduction by a quite tipsy G Girl. She meant well, the poor dear. We talked forever about various books and movies. We have quite a bit in common, actually. He even has a best friend who converted to the LDS faith and was married in the San Diego temple. How's that for coincidences? The only downside is that he drinks and smokes. That can be changed, though, with the right initiative. Right? Anyway, I didn't think much more of it once I went to bed.

Sunday evening, I was quite surprised when upon signing into my Facebook I had a friend request. Well, several, to be exact. One of said requests was this guy I'd met. So, apparently he was interested in me enough to seek me out on Facebook. I accepted him, of course. Turns out he speaks Spanish. His grandfather is from Chihuahua and his grandmother is gringa. Even more commonalities.

AWAE, I haven't come up with a clever nickname for him. I need your help on this one! He's from California...should I call him Sunshine? lol

Do not fret. I'm just going to be his friend. I am being cautious.

No comments: