Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dumb girls

[steps onto soapbox]

I walked into the breakroom at work yesterday and overheard this girl talking to a guy about the coffee machine. She couldn't figure out how to work it.

It seriously grates my nerves when I hear any female talk in what I call "valley girl voice." I especially hate it when they use it when talking to the males of our species. You know the girls. They speak in a normal tone, but the minute a male appears on the scene their voices take on this whiny, babyish, idiot tone. Ugh. Seriously? Why do these females believe that the helpless or dumb act attracts attention? It's because for some males it does. It's a tragic commentary of our species, but it's the truth.

Now, I'm not completely against the helpless waif act. It can be used discreetly and carefully in the courting/mating ritual between the sexes. If you lay it on too thick, though, he'll think you a helpless halfwit. No one wants that.

[stepping of soap box]

No comments: